SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
OCT. 14th 2012
14-ego pazdziernika, 2012
MASS INTENTIONS & MASS SCHEDULE
OCTOBER 13 SATURDAY / SOBOTA
4 PM Parishioners & Benefactors
OCTOBER 14 SUNDAY / NIEDZIELA
9:00 Eugenia Charko req. by Maria & Eugeniusz
10:30 Michael Kryza req. by Sister
Josephine Dembowska req. by Theresa Ambrozaitis
OCTOBER 15 MONDAY / PONIEDZIALEK
9:00 No morning Mass
OCTOBER 16 TUESDAY / WTOREK
9:00 No morning Mass
OCTOBER 17 WEDNESDAY / SRODA
9:00 Joseph Gorski req. by Eleanor Jablonski
OCTOBER 18 THURSDAY/ CZWARTEK
9:00 Parishioners & Benefactors
OCTOBER 19 FRIDAY / PIATEK
9:00 Parishioners & Benefactors
OCTOBER 20 SATURDAY / SOBOTA
4 PM Helen Chudzinski req. by Annette Canal
OCTOBER 21 SUNDAY / NIEDZIELA
9:00 NO MASS
10:30 For Saint Joseph’s
Sanctuary Lamp in memory of Mary & David Hughes req. by Bryant Family.
If you are ill and wish to be added to the sick list please call the rectory.
We ask God’s blessing for the strengthening & healing of our sick & homebound. Please pray for: Helen Kwoka, Christian Clopp, Michelle Zaremba, Harry Corn, Kazimiera Olejnik, Eleanor Tureck, Walter Lyskiewicz, Ira & Betty Whittle, Blanche Vogt, Baby John Harshaw III, Ted Balabuch and his Daughter Kristen Balabuch, Helen Gardygajlo, Kathy Dominik & Irene Talarowski.
Please pray for the Deceased & their Families: Genevieve Hajduk, Daniel Ciechanowski, Helen Nichols, Joseph Gorski, Ronald Banasiak, T. Soltys, Frank Kwoka, Barbara H. Thomas.
Holiday Shopping Spree Raffle
The Sacred Heart Society is sponsoring the Holiday Shopping Spree Raffle for chances to win a Visa Gift Card. 1st Prize - $200; 2nd Prize - $150; and 3rd Prize - $100. Tickets are $2 each or 3 for $5 and will be available after Masses and at the rectory. The drawing will be held on Sun. November 18, 2012 after the 10:30 Mass. Please consider taking a few extra tickets to distribute with other family members, friends and co-workers. Thank you for your support.
Fewer than 30 plates remain on our Restoration Fund plaques. These plaques are truly an honor roll of parishioners and friends of St. Joseph’s Church. During this 120th anniversary year of our parish, please consider contributing $1,000 to the Restoration Fund and your name will become a permanent fixture in our beloved church.
If donations were made to St. Joseph’s Restoration Fund in memory of a loved one, you need only contribute the remaining balance to have a memorial plate engraved. Please contact Pat Kwoka at 856-310-1783 for more information.
Saint Joseph’s 120th Anniversary
Sunday, October 21, 2012 between 10:30 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Dear Parishioners and Friends of Saint Joseph’s Church:
This year Saint Joseph’s Church of South Camden celebrates its 120th Anniversary. As you know, the parish has a proud history in the City of Camden, especially for the Polish-American community.
A concelebrated Mass of Thanksgiving will be offered at 10:30 a.m., Sunday, October 21, 2012, in the church, followed by a luncheon at Tavistock Country Club in Haddonfield, New Jersey.
Join us in our celebration!
The forms to sign up for luncheon are available in church by the doors. Thank you for your support!
In October we celebrate the Rosary especially on the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary on October 7th. The Rosary helps us to meditate on Jesus’ birth, life, death, and resurrection.
October 6 – St. Bruno (1101). Bruno was born in Germany, studied in France and became a theology professor. ith six other companions, Bruno founded the Carthusian Order in 1084 and helped reform the clergy in Rome.
October 14 – St. Callistus I (222). A Roman slave, Callistus obtained his freedom and was ordained a deacon by Pope Zephyrinius, whom he later succeeded. Callistus’s election caused an eighteen-year schism, spawning the first anti-pope. In a time of trial and confusion, he reopened the Church to all. He was martyred in Rome.
October 20 – St. Paul of the Cross (1775). Paul was inspired by a vision to start a religious order dedicated to the Passion of Christ. He founded the Passionists in 1720, lived a penitential life, worked miracles, and cared for the poor and sick.
Anniversary Pewter Ornament
Saint Joseph’s History Society of South Camden proudly offers a 120th Anniversary pewter ornament for only $20. Ornaments can be purchased in church following the 10:30 AM Mass each Sunday
PARISH NEWS—WIADOMOSCI PARAFIALNE
1. Parish Breakfast—due to Pulaski Parade and Anniversary celebrations parish breakfast will not take place in October. The next parish breakfast is scheduled for Nov. 11 after Masses.
2. Sniadanie parafialne nie odbedzie sie w miesiacu pazdzierniku ze wzgledu na udzial naszej parafii w paradzie oraz obchody zalozenia parafii. Nastepne planowane sniadanie odbedzie sie w dniu 11-ego listopada po Mszach Sw.
3. The Auxiliary of St. Mary’s Catholic Homes in Cherry Hill, NJ, is looking to expand its membership. The Auxiliary meets on the third Tuesday of each month, September through May for short meeting and luncheon. It is the goal and purpose of the Auxiliary to raise funds to be used for the comfort and entertainment of those who reside in the Nursing Home & Manor. It is a truly rewarding experience! Won’t you join us? Contact Anne Kennedy at 856-663-3716.
4. The National Song and Dance Ensemble of Poland “Slask” is coming to Philadelphia on Nov. 1, 2012 at 7:30 p.m. at Father Judge School Auditorium 3301 Solly Ave, Northeast Phila, PA 19136. Tickets are available from Polish American Cultural Center: 215 922-1700.
5. Due to anniversary celebrations the 9 o’clock Mass on Oct. 21st, 2012 is cancelled.
6. W zwiazku z obchodami 120 rocznicy zalozenia kosciola nie odbedzie sie poranna Msza Sw. w jez. polskim o godz. 9 w dniu 21-ego pazdziernika.